Thursday, August 18, 2011

Layering up Patterns and floating motifs

This design is what I posted on stream, I find it a bit too busy and a few to many layers. The head phones are not really needed as the button symbols and touch pad represent the Ipod and the head phones are just adding another motif/element to the design. 
For the background pattern I think it would look better and be easier on the eye if I kept to either the cassette or the button symbols, not  both.


For this design there is the repeat pattern of the button symbols in the background and i have just placed the ipod outlines randomly on top. 
To get the gradient of colour on the ipod I just selected the outline with the magic wand and blended the four colours - pink, purple, green and blue, together.
I think this design needs another motif added to it, maybe the cassette the in block colour just to add a bit of variation.


This stripe design is quite interesting with how the button symbol pattern is the same all through the design but the stripes change the the colour of the symbols.
I find the actual stripes a bit boring and irrelevant to my theme. I tried to apply this with my motifs overlaying the symbol pattern and will not develop this design any further.


This design is just using the play symbol and rotating it to make this tile effect, once again it is not relevant to my theme, this was really to just see what the pattern looked like and playing around with colour.


I quite like this design and the depth it has with the button symbol with the speaker texture on the touch pad motif as the top layer.
I like how the  touch pad pattern has made shapes i the gaps and the pattern symbol shows through and reveals only snippets of the button symbol pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment